Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Way Past Jesus

Me: I love you to the moon and back.

Empress: I love you way past Jesus!

Me: (surprised!) Baby, what does that mean?

Empress: Well Mom, Jesus lives in outer space and that is way past the moon!

Me: (wow!)

This child is only 3 (soon to be 4). Is she not brilliant? Brilliant and heartbreakingly beautiful. And....hilarious, too.

Last night, nearly 2 hours after the Empress went to bed, I was walking down the hallway when I suddenly heard a cry. It was the cry of a terrified little girl. I ran into her bedroom and there she was, upside down and dangling head first off the bed. She was face up and holding on to her blankets with a death grip. The look on her face was of sheer terror. I scooped her up and collapsed on the floor in a laughing fit. Apparently she had fallen asleep and wiggled her way off the bed. She caught herself in mid fall. It was as if my baby had turned into a daring acrobat. It was sooooo funny. After the Empress recovered she began to laugh as well and we called T in to share in our joy.

She is precious. She has brought love and laughter to our lives. I don't think I ever smiled or laughed before she came along.

I love her way past Jesus.

1 comment:

  1. It's moments like these that you latch on to try to imprint into your brain so you'll never forget them, for soon they are grown and are making their own way in the world. That's where we are and it's exciting but hard. I wish I'd written more of those memories down. Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy every second. It sure sounds like you are doing just that.

    ReplyDelete