Tuesday, January 13, 2009

10 things I can't live without

10. Iced tea - sounds stupid I know, but if I have any vices it is iced tea. I don't drink, smoke, do drugs or gamble.....iced tea is it for me.

9. Security - having a job, a house, family. Faith goes hand in hand with Security...in fact I find security in my faith. All things come from God. He is running the whole deal. And thank goodness for that!! I have been very blessed in my life and for that I give praise to God.

8. My sleep number bed - Yes, it sounds like a commercial, but it has cured, or at least helped my lower back tons. It is soooo comfy. I love that I can use my own number and T can use his. Also, I do sleep alot better than I used to. Still have insomnia, but I don't think a mattress can cure that. At least I am awake in total comfort.

7. Travel - I love to experience cultures other than my own. I love the history, people, art and architecture of a foreign land. I love the restaurants, sight-seeing and nice hotels. I would love to move to a foreign place......Italy? Perhaps.

6. Solitude - As a parent I rarely get a moment of solitude, but I still dream of it. Occasionally I will have a day off, with the Empress at daycare and T at work, or those moments late at night after everyone in my house is sound asleep. I love being alone. I don't love being lonely.

5. Books!! - I love to read. It is a passion really and I dream one day of writing my own book, as boring as that might sound. I love that books let you escape so completely from a hectic life and since I have always had a rather vivid imagination I live the book I am currently reading.

4. Matisse - my beautiful 10 year old boxer. She is my sanity. I have always said that when I lose her I will lose what is left of my sanity. Tisse has such a big heart and loves to be with me. Her personality has always reminded me of my sister. She is sweet, smart and loving, but with a wicked side.

3. Sister - My one and only, love is thicker than blood sister. She is younger than me and adopted as well. We are polar opposites, but the best of friends. I can tell her anything. I am so unbelieveably proud of her. My sister is brillant and has a love of life. She would sell her soul for her family, friends and animals. She is an inspiration in my life.

2. My parents - I am adopted. I credit my parents for everything good in my life. God placed me with parents that love me unconditionally. They are wonderful people who have taught me about life and about love. I could never explain the gratitude, respect and never-ending love I have for them. I would move the world for them.

1. T and The Empress - They are the loves of my life and thus both command the top spot on my list. T and I have been together forever. I can't breathe when T is away from me. He is like the oxygen in my lungs. Without him I am just a half of a person. The Empress is my miracle and I love her so much my heart is bursting. She is the most perfect of God's creations. What did I do to deserve such an amazing blessing in my life?

Boy, I looked back after finishing my list and was surprised to see that on the whole, I am not materialistic. That is nice to see. T often calls me "high maintenance" but in reality I am just the opposite. I hate to wear makeup or do my hair (though I do for work), I don't usually buy myself new clothing or "pretty things." I am happy and "low maintenance."

No comments:

Post a Comment