Sunday, January 18, 2009

Look out Picabo Street....

Just a little background. T is a skier. Seriously. He has been on skiis since the tender age of 5.....37 years of his life. T would live on the mountain if he could. He was a ski instructor for years. He coached racing. He raced. There were years when he skied 100 days during the season. He was a rep for Blizzard and Dynafit. To put it in the easiest possible way....he is an awesome skier. I have never personally been in the presence of such excellence on skiis. That being said, I am a skier. I don't live to ski, but I can turn them. So it is only natural to think that our child would be a skier.

The Empress is funny. She is very reserved when it comes to anything adventurous. She refuses to ride her bike because it goes to fast and she might fall off. So, when T began talking about putting her on skiis last season I did my best to talk him out of it. I knew that if we did it too soon we would face the real possibility that she would hate it.

A couple of days ago I started talking to the Empress about going skiing. She was totally up for it. She has talked of nothing else since. So today we went. It was the most perfect of ski days. The air was crisp, the snow was soft and the sun was shining in a beautiful blue sky.

The Empress is going to be a skier.

No comments:

Post a Comment