Monday, January 12, 2009

Never-Never Land

The Empress' birthday is next month and I asked her this past weekend what kind of party she would like. Of course I thought for sure that she would say princess party, so I was pleasantly surprised when she said "Tinkerbell, mom!" At least that way I can use Peter Pan for the boys...right?? She has a pink fairy outfit already but I promised a Tinkerbell dress. Boy did I ever luck out....Costco had a cute little green and pink chiffon dress that is perfect. And, she can use her pink fairy wings with the dress. Next dilema....who to invite. Last year we had family friends and it was perfect. But, really the only kids the Empress knows well are the kids from daycare. Those are the ones she wants to invite. If I invite the kids from daycare and the family friends then we are talking 20 kids. I can't do that. I don't have the patience, nor the urge to torture myself in such a way. Right now I am leaning towards daycare kids. I hope that not inviting the family friends won't offend them.....I really do. This is a party for a 4 year old.

So what can I do with the Tinkerbell theme?? The Empress has requested a Tinkerbell cake. Hmmm, perhaps I can buy a cake and put a little Tinkerbell figure on top?? Lots of balloons, fairy dust, sparkles, magic wands? Should be easy enough, right?

February is too full of stuff. First we have Gotcha Day, then Valentines Day, then the Empress' Birthday, then Auntie's Birthday. I am tired just thinking about it. We have already promised to go to Dillon to celebrate a combo Empress/Auntie Birthdays. T will be gone two full weeks in February, so it will be a little tight and will take some planning to get to Dillon. But, I think it is important not only for the Empress, but for mom and dad, who have not been well.

Dreaming of Pan and Tink and Never-Neverland.

No comments:

Post a Comment