Friday, November 20, 2009

Basking in the glow of the New Moon


As posted previously, my friend and I had tickets to the premier of New Moon. Now, I come from a smallish town in Montana. Though we have a new theatre that features 14 stadium seating auditoriums, I had envisioned that one or perhaps two would be used or needed for the premier. Not so. They showed it in 5 auditoriums and every seat was taken. And, a bank and chiropractor in town rented 3 auditoriums for a private showing.

So, we got there around 8:15 for the 9 o'clock showing of Twilight. It was packed. Literally people everywhere. This is a movie that has been out for a year now. After Twilight was shown we were asked to leave our seats so that they could clean before New Moon. Out into the hallway we go and into a throng, yes, a throng of people all waiting for New Moon. It was insane. Insane.

The movie was in a word, awesome. So much better than the first. It was well acted and heartbreaking. I was literally on the verge of tears from beginning to end. The special effects were much better. The wolves were phenomenal. The Volturi, creepy. They stayed true to the story, which, truth be told, is not my favorite of the series but was perfectly portrayed. I can honestly say that I was not disappointed by one little detail. It was as good as it could have been. Edward was beautiful, Jacob was buff, Bella was damaged and conflicted. It was excellent.

I got to bed around 3 a.m., after spending over 6 hours at the theatre. I slept about 3 hours. However, I am not tired. I am satisfied. I have a silly perma-grin on my face and can't concentrate on work. Bravo! Bravo!

1 comment:

  1. I'm hoping to go see it tomorrow! Well, only "hoping" because I've had a spat with my husband and that is not the most clever thing to do the night before you want to drag him to a chick flick!

    ReplyDelete