Friday, February 6, 2009

Supercalafragilisticexpealadocious


Thank goodness for freezing rain. Today the Empress' daycare called. Schools are closed all over the valley and there is emergency travel only permitted. So, I called in to the skeleton crew at work to let them know I wouldn't be in. Hooray.....it's gonna be a PJ day!

Is there anything better in the entire world than Mary Poppins?? Such a perfect movie to watch with an almost 4 year old on a freezing rain, stay at home in your PJs day. The Empress loves Mary Poppins. Who doesn't? I personally think that all children, no, all people, should HAVE to watch this movie. It is such a lesson on life and what is important. It makes me nostalgic for my childhood and Sunday evenings filled with movies like The Apple Dumplin Gang, That Darn Cat, The Shaggy DA, Benji, Herbie, and Bedknobs and Broomsticks. What happened to Disney? How did they go from these esteemed classics to crap like Hanna Montana?

Spit-spot. Things to do...cookies to bake, lazing around to do. Enjoy the day.

1 comment:

  1. I could not agree more! For the month of December the TCM channel ran marathons of old Disney classics every Sunday, so I recorded about 25 of 'em and we have LOVED watching them. Every time I start one the kids say , "not another old movie!" but they inevitably settle down and are mesmerized by the charm of them. We've seen all the Herbies, Apple Dumpling gangs, Shaggy's, etc. So much fun!

    ReplyDelete