Saturday, February 14, 2009

Chaos x 9


Hooray....Hooray! It is over and we have survived it. There were moments in that monumental two hours that I thought we wouldn't live through it. Nine kids.....ages 1 through 5. Tinkerbell. Tinkerbell dress, hair, wings. Sparkles, balloons, stickers. Boys in pirate hats and eye patches. I even invented a new children's game....musical plates. In the end, they all wanted to do their own things. After about 20 minutes the Empress decided that she would rather sit quietly in her room alone and read a book. Of course we had a little discussion. She still refused to play with the troupe of "lost boys" in the play room. I finally hefted her over my shoulder and placed her unwilling little body in the midst of the chaos. The last 30 minutes were insanely long. The funny thing is that I had help. Two of the little girls refused to play any of the games and ran around my house like little banshees. They were noticeably mean to the other children. One little boy climbed on my furniture like a monkey. It was insane. I was so glad when the last mother closed the door behind her.

I am thinking that next year we will have a sweet little family get together with the three of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment