Thursday, February 5, 2009

My Sister....My Best Friend


Sisters are different flowers from the same garden. ~Author Unknown

I love my sister. She is my friend. She is beautiful, smart, outgoing and funny as hell. She is my hero. I think she is a hero of many people.

We are both adopted. I am older, perhaps wiser in many things, and settled in my life. I am shy, she is the opposite. Love is thicker than blood. She is my sister and my best friend. I can tell her anything. I love being with her. She is everyone's friend. People LOVE her. She is a daredevil and shows no fear while doing things like skydiving. She lives her life on the edge....I live my life in a comfortable cocoon.

So, the hero part. As I lamented previously, our mom suffered a series of debilitating strokes this past summer. Sis took leave from her job and camped out in a hotel across the street from the hospital for over a month. After mom's rehab, Sis quit her job (she is an Emergency Room RN) and moved home to Dillon to take care of mom.....and as it turns out, dad too. Alone this is huge. When you think about the life she put on hold to do this, it becomes enormous. Mom requires 24 hour care. Dillon is a speck in the eye of Montana. Nothing going on. No singles, no night life, no nothing....really. I know this has been tough for Sis, but she soldiers on.

So, she is my HERO. She will read this....I hope. Sis you are an amazing person. The most amazing person I know. You are an inspiration to so many.

No comments:

Post a Comment