Friday, March 27, 2009

She Just Snapped!


The Empress had a tough day yesterday. A girl at daycare took her blanket, so she sucker punched her in the kidney. Then one of the little boys scratched her...not sure if it was intentional....and she buried her nails into his little arm and scratched him back.

This is so out of character. She is such a sweet, timid little girl when it comes to interacting with other children. She has a tendency to allow other kids to take her toys and pretty much boss her around. The little girl she hit has control issues. She is out of control. Seriously, this particular little girl is in a word (or two) a "drama queen." I have personally witnessed her behavior. She was the little girl who came to the Empress' birthday party and refused to play any games and was horribly mean to the other kids. Her poor mother, who I like, has absolutely no control over her. This is the little girl the Empress punched. I hate to say she deserved it, but she probably did. I know it was absolutely wrong for the Empress to hit her, but I think she may have just snapped. If she had done it to any other kid I would be livid, but frankly I think my girl had just finally had enough.

Not sure on the scratching incident. I don't know the story behind it. I think the Empress just really had an off day. After it all happened and she was reflecting in time out, she broke down crying and did apologize to both children.

Of course T and I both talked at length to the Empress about hitting, scratching or hurting other people. She feels horrible about the whole situation and has promised she will never do it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment