Sunday, March 8, 2009

My scared self....


Seems we are close to referral. Or, I guess, we could be. Things have now officially entered the realm of the unknown. Since we are among the first in this program to adopt from Burkina Faso there is no one who has gone before. No one to lead the way, to tell us what and what not to expect. No time frame. This is maddening and terrifying. I am, of course, excited, and cannot wait to meet the newest member of our family. To see that beautiful face will be reward enough for the tiresome process. And, it could be any day...or not.

I have had alot of time to think. I have imagined a million what ifs. The thing that scares me the most is leaving the Empress. She will be well taken care of and I am certain that she won't miss us too much, but still I worry. What if.... What if.... Then I am increasingly worried about the process in Burkina. Will it all fall into place or will we spend our two weeks in Africa fighting through paperwork? What if we get sick while there? What if the baby is sick? So many what ifs.

Currently I take it day by day. Each day brings us one day closer. It will happen. When?? Who knows.

No comments:

Post a Comment