Friday, April 10, 2009

Mulling Over Madonna


I have thought about Madonna's current failed Malawi adoption for a while now. I guess I have some pretty strong feelings on the subject. You see, I have chosen to build my family through adoption. My parents chose the same route.

I am appalled at the adoption groups raising a stink about Madonna adopting again. Do they really seriously think that poor little 4 year old Mercy James is better off in an orphanage than with Madonna?? WTF??? Sorry about that, it just is mind boggling to me. Madonna is a fine mother, from what I have seen, and she has more than enough money to provide for a whole bus load of kids. Do I think she would love her adoptive daughter? Absolutely!! Perhaps her basic needs are being met in the orphanage, but does anyone "love" her?? Will she have the opportunity for good health....or schooling?? Madonna can provide her with all that and more.

Yes, Madonna is a celebrity, but she is also just a woman and she has the capacity to love. She has done more for that tiny African country than any person ever before her. She has a passion for those people and she should be able to adopt Mercy James.

I don't know the statistics, but I do know this, there are children out there, that, for whatever reason, are without family to care for them. Lots of them people, lots. Millions. It is about time that we ALL do something about that. Madonna has stepped forward. Let that be a good thing.


No comments:

Post a Comment