Saturday, April 25, 2009

Feelin' The Love

Wow, I am shocked, flabbergasted and most PLEASANTLY surprised!! Just when I thought I had him all figured out he pulled a fast one. Yes, it flew right by me. What a totally awesome husband I have.

Yesterday was my birthday. I had hoped to fly under the radar and ease myself gracefully, and totally unnoticed into 40. I realize that is usually not done with the monumental 4-0 birthday, but that is what I was determined it would be. T had other plans. Since he was missing my big day, I gave very little thought to the prospect that he would plan anything. Apparently, he began scheming weeks back.

So, yesterday morning I am sitting at my desk talking to my sis after hearing mom and dad's lively annual rendition of Happy Birthday, when I looked up. There standing before my desk were 5 little people dressed all in black with little glasses perched on their noses and silly lipstick. The Empress, all hunched over, wobbled over to me and said "We're grannies, mom!" in a scratchy little old lady voice. Then, I was presented with a prune tree, some Polident, black baloons, and cards. They sang "Happy Birthday" as I smiled my dumbstruck smile. It was awesome. T was behind the whole thing.

Then after a long day slaving away at work I ran home and quickly changed for dinner with Cheryl. I love Cheryl, she is my dearest friend. I thought it strange when she suggested we drive to Lakeside for dinner. OK, I said....whatever. What......a surprise party......are you kidding?? Nope, that is was it was. My dear friends had gathered to wish me well. It was so much fun. We had a lovely dinner. I was presented with amazing gifts and a cake that was in a word...art. All planned and executed by a man thousands of miles away in Washington DC. Yep, you guessed it.....T. He was behind the whole thing.

Is it any wonder I love this man. Adore this man. Thank you baby.....you made my day....my year.....no, MY LIFE!

No comments:

Post a Comment