Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mom...It's Who I Am!

Best thing that ever happened to me was becoming a mom. I love it. Every minute. It is a thankless job, but I love it.
Strange, but I never wanted to be a mom. That is until I began to hear that "clock" everyone talks about. It is real. Weird, but true. At that time, T had just completed treatment for his brain tumor. It was like a beginning. A new life. I remember I came home one day and blurted out "I want to have a baby!" T looked at me and said...."Okay." After months of trying, I said, "Let's adopt." He said, "Okay." Then at the very same time we said..."China!!"
When the Empress was placed in my arms it began. Motherhood. A love affair that will last my whole life. I used to be the person who refused to hold her friends new babies. I used to be the person who was uncomfortable around children, who commented on unruly kids, and the lack of discipline parents were using. Today I am a mom and all that has changed. The Empress is the best thing that ever happened. She changed my life. She opened my heart.

Happy Mother's Day....the best day ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment