Sunday, May 17, 2009

Lazy Weekend

I am blogging from the front yard. In a lawn chair. Totally looking like a redneck. But, it is pleasant.....lovely really. The sun is out. Haven't seen the sun for what feels like a decade. The Empress is furiously peddling her little pink "Torker" bike back and forth down the sidewalk. She has learned how to create the skid mark, and is working diligently to lay the perfect one down. Over and over she peddles past me. This delights me. A mere week ago she was terrified of her bike because it went to fast and she might fall off. She refused to ride it anywhere but in the garage around and around in a circle. I am so happy she has finally overcome that fear.
I think she has ADD. She jumps off her bike and grabs her little princess fishing pole. She is an amazing caster. Seriously, she can cast it like 25 feet. Of course the wind is blowing, but it is still impressive. I am excited for our first camping trip and her first fishing trip with her dad. I really love the summer.
Oops, gotta get out of the sun. Yesterday the Empress and I planted "seeds" and I really burned my forehead. Ouch, but a good, albeit painful, memory from an awesome day.

No comments:

Post a Comment