Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Feeling Torn


Feeling torn between sticking it out with Burkina Faso or pulling out of the program and pursuing a domestic adoption. Not sure which way to go. Not sure of my own heart in this. Listening closely for the Lord's direction. But not hearing. Please someone, anyone, point me down the correct path to my family's happiness. We have reached a crossroads and the decision is a tough one. Which way do we go?

Our international adoption is mired down. They promised a "fall" referral....which has not materialized. We seriously doubt that one will EVER come. There is a good possibility that the past 17 months wait has been futile. I feel detached from my agency. The only correspondence I receive from them is in response to my own emails and each response reads the same..."Haven't heard anything."

So the question is this.....Do we stick it out? Do we just have faith that this is the correct path to our child. Or, do we withdraw from the program, possibly leaving our hearts' child behind? Torn. So torn.

1 comment:

  1. Go back to basics. Ask why this country? Why did you want this in the first place? Are those reasons still valid (were they realistic) and if so, are they still important to you?

    ReplyDelete