Saturday, September 26, 2009

Perfect Day




Did I ever mention that we live mere minutes from one of the most glorious places on the planet? Glacier Park.

I remember the first time I went to Glacier. We were newly weds traveling around the state in T's parents' motorhome. It was breath taking. It still is. I remember remarking to T at the time that this is where God lives. Since moving here we spend time each summer in the Park. Not as much time as we would like, but nonetheless we try to get up there at least once during the summer.

Several summers ago much of Glacier burned. Of course nearly each year forest fires claim part of the wilderness, but that summer in particular was much worse. The fires burned much of the area visitors see when traveling through Glacier. It will come back. It always does. This is, like I said, where God lives. Even in destruction, it is beautiful

So today we decided it was a perfect day for a picnic in Glacier. It was. It truly was perfect.

1 comment:

  1. Julie, thanks for the sweet post on my blog. I just may have some questions for you, I'll keep that in mind. First of all, Glacier Park is my favorite place on earth and is my dream to get my family there. It's not really on our way when we drive out so we've done Yellowstone many times but never Glacier. That's my goal next trip!! Also, I saw your daughter's pictures on facebook and called my girls over to show them that beautiful child. What a lovely family you have!! Oh, and I agree with you 100% about Labor Day in Dillon - such fond memories. Can you tell that I just recently caught up on my favorite blogs?

    ReplyDelete