Wednesday, February 3, 2010

The "Lost" Lobotomy


So I have been waiting, ever so patiently, for the premier of my FAVORITE show. Lost. Yes, Lost. I am a "Lostie." I "get Lost in Lost." Last night was the night. I choreographed the entire evening so that the moment the premier started I would be happily, snuggly, tucked away in my chair with no distractions. I worked out, ate, cleaned the kitchen and put the Empress to bed.

And so it began. After last season's finale, I thought I had a good grasp on what was going on. I thought, probably stupidly, that this year would sorta wrap that little package up, so to speak. Thought we would begin to understand. But I am sooooo confused.

The hydrogen bomb was detonated. They are suddenly on the plane, back where they belong? Jack is there, Hurley, Kate, Sawyer, and even Locke. But, suddenly it gets kinda weird. Boone is there, but Shannon isn't. Maybe I am reading too much in to it, but I thought that strange. And what about Desmond, brutha? He was never on the first flight, so why was he on this flight, and why did he seem to disappear from the plane half way through the flight? Did Jack imagine him? As they pass over where the island should be we get an underwater view of the sunken island. Has it worked?

Flash sideways?? They are waking up....on the island after the explosion. They appear to be in the correct time. Goodbye 70's. But, I don't get it. Is this a parallel universe? Juliet lives, for an appreciable amount of time. During that time she talks about getting a cup of coffee with Sawyer, but dies after telling him she has something to tell him. As he is burying her he asks Miles what she meant. After communing with the dead Juliet he says...."she said it worked." So is an alive Juliet walking around in a parallel universe waiting to one day have coffee with Sawyer?

Jacob is back, but dead? Sayid dies and comes back.....as Jacob, perhaps? Locke isn't Locke, but the man in black and the smoke monster. There is a temple with special healing waters and an asian guy who appears to be in charge. New "others."

Sorry for the randomness, but really that is what it was, random. Of course I LOVED it!! It was fabulous. Thought provoking maze of connecting chaos. How?? Why?? Really??

No comments:

Post a Comment