Friday, February 19, 2010

Long Overdue Recap.....and, the NEW ADDITION

Shoot. Somehow I have become a major blogging slacker. Now I have the unpleasant duty to recap a very eventful couple of weeks. Here we go...

On February 13th we had a Chinese New Year dinner party. Somewhat poorly planned. I literally prepped for 4 hours and cooked for 1 hour. Though it was all very tasty, I think the sheer magnitude dulled the flavor. I wasn't impressed, but our guests seemed like they were. After dinner we celebrated the New Year with fireworks...and they were awesome. The Empress looked adorable in her blue silk dress and she thoroughly enjoyed her "lucky money" and stuffed Tiger.

Happy Valentine's Day and our little pug man's 2nd birthday. I gorged myself with my favorite chocolates...Fran's Gray Salt Caramels. Oh my!

Monday was President's Day....woopee. Court Holiday. Day off.

The Empress' 5th birthday was the 18th. She has been sooooo excited for weeks. T left on Tuesday for NASA. (Yes, I said NASA!) So, he missed the big day. And, her early birthday present on the 17th. Which leads us to the NEW ADDITION....

On Wednesday, the 17th, while sitting at my desk at work, I received THE CALL. Yes, THE CALL. We received the referral of our baby boy. Hooray, and he is simply adorable. Can't say too much more until we are officially his parents, but we are so excited and extremely happy. The Empress was elated to "get" a baby brother for her 5th birthday. I am disappointed that T was not here as we were unable to gaze upon his little face together, but we managed to connect by phone and we both agree that he is perfect and our little family is finally complete. Happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment