Thursday, July 1, 2010

My Bad


I can't believe that I forgot to wish the love of my life, my reason for living, the father of my child, my best friend, a happy birthday. Well that is not true. I did wish him a happy birthday, just not on my blog. So, happy belated wishes Love!!

T turned 44 on the 28th. It was a super birthday in my opinion. But, then again, it wasn't my birthday. I do believe that he too also thought it was grand. The Empress and I gave him a Kindle. I think he liked it, though he was quick to point out that an ipad is just a few $100 more. I love my Kindle. Love it. And though T has never been the book hound I am, I think he will love it too. He travels alot and what is better than reading a great book to pass the time?

On his birthday we met our wonderful (and extremely thoughtful) friends S and B down at the lake. We jumped in the boat and slowly made our way to "The Docks" for dinner. The Empress loved the trip and even conned B into letting her drive. When we finally arrived we all had high hopes for a wonderful dinner. Alas, that would not be. We literally waited for 30 minutes for our drinks and another full hour until our food arrived. We had all ordered the seared Ahi and we all sent it back. It was horrible. Horrible. I have never, ever, ever sent a meal back. After that we ordered nachos and that too was pathetic, not to mention we paid $12.50 for a plate of cold spaghetti with butter for the Empress. Yuck. Anyway, despite the horrible meal, we still had a blast with our friends. Talk about sweet, they actually stopped at DQ and showed up at the house after getting back to town. They wanted T to have a special treat for his birthday. Awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment