Monday, June 8, 2009

Step On It!!

Friday night the Empress and I jumped in the car and headed to the airport to pick up T. She was elated as it was nearly two hours after her bedtime....and of course she was excited to see her dad. Originally, I had decided that we would get there early and hopefully catch the plane landing. See, she understands the part where he goes to Dallas and she understands the part about the airplane, however she seems to think that Dallas is in the sky and that is where the plane takes her daddy. I have explained it a dozen different ways, but she is certain that I am wrong. Oh, she also believes Santa and the Easter Bunny live in the sky. So, anyway, we left late and as we were dashing, I caught a glimpse of the plane making it's approach. We were still quite aways away so I told her we wouldn't get to see the plane land.

The Empress was perterbed and said to me. "Get this car moving as fast as it can carry us!"

The rest of our trip involved a discussion about "speed limits."

No comments:

Post a Comment