Friday, August 27, 2010

First Day of Kindergarten


Today my baby went to school....for the first time ever. I felt like I was walking through a strange dream as I stood in the school yard with dozens of children and their apprehensive parents. It was tough on me. I was incredibly anxious about the whole thing. Was she going to be OK? I worried about everything down to the pick up at the "kinder loop." It is true....I did cry. Briefly. After I left my happy child with her very nice and capable teacher. I can't believe she is in Kindergarten. How did we get here? It was mere moments ago I was changing diapers, searching for pacifiers, and rocking my baby to sleep. Today I saw a completely independent litttle girl. She happily waved at me as she followed her teacher into the school. And when I spied her exiting the school after a full day, she still had a happy little smile on her sweet face. My baby is growing up.


No comments:

Post a Comment