Thursday, July 29, 2010

Excited, then Aggravated, now...Distressed

Guess my topic. Right on. Adoption. The Friday before last we received notice that the transfer of paperwork to the new orphanage would take place the following Monday. It had been like 17 weeks since the debaucle that set us on this path. We were ecstatic. We were also told that more than likely our case would proceed to Court Monday or Tuesday. What a way to start a vacation. On Monday we received a call saying the transfer had happened and our adoption agency thought that Tuesday we would go to Court. That Tuesday we received a call, which was somewhat disheartening. It was basically a recap of what she had told us the day before only now she thought we would get to Court that Friday (last Friday) or early this week. OK. Hold my breath.... So we hear nothing on Friday. We assume that Court will happen Monday or Tuesday. Still holding breath. So Monday, nothing. Tuesday we are told that the contact in Ethiopia is on vacation and they haven't heard anything. Wednesday...as here is the kicker....we are told that we have been "filed" with the Court. What?? What?? My question becomes, weren't we filed with the Court in April? We are assured that we will receive a quick Court date. What??? This isn't making sense. We should have "passed" Court not be waiting for a Court date. Court closes in a week and will remain closed until mid-OCTOBER. The answers to my questions remain unanswered. My emails appear to be ignored. I am livid. If we weren't filed in April as we were told then we will have to travel to Ethiopia for our Court date. We were told we wouldn't have to travel months back. Please say it isn't so. Please don't make us wait until October or later to pass Court. Please, enough already.
I have gone around the bend on this. I have no patience. I can't make any rational decisions. I can't even pray, despite many attempts. Why is this happening? If this is some grand plan, I fail to see it. Why Lord?? Why??

No comments:

Post a Comment