Thursday, October 15, 2009

My Little Princess


I caved. I bought the Empress her heart's desire...a Cinderella costume, complete with glass slippers. You may remember my post from earlier this year regarding Santa's total disregard of the Empress' request for "glass slippers" for Christmas. Being the child spoiling mom that I am, I thought she would instead love 6 pairs of princess shoes. I thought...the more the better. Well, the Empress was heartbroken. I think she bought my explanation at the time but it made me realize that she wanted what she wanted, and no cheap imitations were allowed.

So, a while back she spotted a Cinderella outfit at Costco. She really wants to BE Cinderella for Halloween. Each time we go to Costco she insists on strolling past the costume rack and lamenting that she would love, love, love that costume. Early on I told her no because the girl has dozens of dress up costumes and I was resigned that she wear one of them for Halloween.

She has been such a sweetie lately, minding me, doing chores...gee, sorta like the real Cinderella (hahaha....except with a hot mom and not an ugly step mother!). So, won't she be surprised to see her new costume, complete with glass slippers, on Halloween? You bet she will.

No comments:

Post a Comment