Thursday, May 13, 2010

Blindly Blogging

The non-update. Apparently there is an election happening in Ethiopia. Therefore, I am told, all officials are working on the election....and not on my adoption. Frustrating. But, I can't help but feel like this thing will happen soon. Like out of the blue or something. That's my hope anyway. Sometimes I sit here at my desk and envision the phone ringing and a happy voice on the other end saying that the mess has been sorted out, finally. I hope that day comes soon. Hmmmm....wouldn't it be nice if that happy voice also said they had decided, for all our trouble, to push us to the front of the line. That we are being pushed through Court and our Embassy date is in two weeks?? That is the stuff of day dreams. Unrealistic for sure. But lovely nonetheless.
Fingers and toes still crossed. Prayers sent heavenward. Still waiting for the happy voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment